Monday, May 23, 2011

My students rock

I’m still feeling on the outs, but if there’s one thing I can always take comfort in, it’s my job. Even though it’s a stressful, time-consuming job, it’s one where I’m constantly exercising my mind, and it’s never boring. It is, to put it succinctly, a job I love. I never thought I’d be lucky enough to utter that phrase, but I do love my job. To wit: my Physics students turned in their last reading journals last week, and here are a few of the more humorous / kind / enthusiastic highlights:

  • I thought this chapter was kind of confusing. Everything I did was plug things in and somehow they were right. I figured out the less I think the better grade I get. So I am just not going to think on the test.
  • [Drawing of a girl drying her hair] Some chick with a hair dryer.
  • This chapter was my favorite because it’s the last one… ever.
  • I am trying and studying my hardest to not fall for your evil tricky problems.
  • What I don’t like about resistors is how they’re numbered all stupidly with colored bars as if the number is all secretive for only freaky electricians to understand.
  • Dear Mr. [NAME], I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to have you as a teacher for 2 years! You’re an awesome teacher & I’m really going to miss you… and sorry for sucking at Physics!
  • I’m gonna miss you, Mr. [NAME]!! :( You’ve helped me out A LOT in the past two school years.
  • You are an awesome teacher! :) I can’t wait ‘til AP Physics.
  • Overall this chapter was an interesting one. Still, I didn’t want it to be the last. 5 more chapters!! Let’s forget about final review and just learn up to Chapter 22!! I can’t wait for AP Physics!!!

I can’t wait either.


16 comments:

PistolPete said...

Nice blog man! Im a big cleveland fan. you should check out my blog...
http://www.madforclevelandsports.blogspot.com/

Don Reynolds said...

One of your students said he had trouble remembering the numbers for the colors on resisters. here's what we learned when I was in the service.

Bad(black -0)Boys(brown-1)Raped(red-2)Our(orange-3) Young(yellow-4) Girls(green-5) But(blue-6) Violet(violet-7) Gave(grey-8) Willingly(white-9) for Gold(10%) and Silver.(20%)

I may have something wrong, it's been 40 years, but you can rearrange what you need. The sentence is correct, the numbers, I am pretty sure are correct - not as sure for the percentage things.

Don Reynolds said...

I got a Blog too. "bodhimaliks.Blogspot.com/"

No pictures, just writings about things that I find interesting, annoying or humorous.

gonzo39 said...

Great blog, really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blogs...

Planning Permission for Conservatories

Building Regulations

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Marley's Mom said...

Watch these 3 sisters sing at youtube.com/OfficialACE3

Trashmaster46 said...

I am trying and studying my hardest to not fall for your evil tricky problems.

Best student comment ever :)

essay said...

Very nice & impressive article you have posted.. It's very helpful I have read & bookmark this site & will recommenced it to more other peoples..
Argumentative essay

The Muse-ual Suspect said...

As a senior English teacher, I can relate. Happy blogging.

web said...

nice blog........

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com - Your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Online Auctions

royal said...

Hi,
We transform ideas and information into innovation, action, flexible delivery and rapid deployment and provide all the features you need to create professional and high quality Ebay Clone Website through our Ebay Clone Software.

Thanks for sharing!
Ebay Clone

royal said...

Hi,
Sonikseo is a best search engine optimization and online internet marketing company specializing in organic SEO,SEM and SMO.We push your business to the top of the search engines.

Thanks for sharing!
SEO Services India

royal said...

Hi,
I am really appreciate the information which you discussed here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Best E-Learning Software

royal said...

Hi,
We have an site, Which offers you the Best Pay Per Minute Webcam Script solution. Our Pay-Per-Minute Webcam Software charges by the minute to build your Webcam Site much easier in such little time. Choose our unique Pay Per Minute Video Webcam Chat Script for a better platform to your Webcam Site.

Thanks
Video Chat Software

royal said...

Hi,
I am really appreciate the information which you discussed here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Website Design Services