Monday, July 2, 2007

How do I love Korn?

How do I love Korn? Let me count the ways.
I love the subtle and creepy synthesizer
That serves, as background, for most of their songs
And gives their music a distinctively ominous ring.
I love Jonathan Davis and his nasal raspiness
That makes him sound like a higher-pitched Pee-Wee Herman.
I love the sneaky melodic beauty of their songs;
I love their obsession with minor keys.
I love their weird progressions where they tend
To focus on dissonance without disregarding harmony.
I love the fact that Brian Welch left the band
Because he found God! -- I love that the band
Never skipped a beat, pun intended! -- and, to this day,
Continues to put out music bettered only by death.

(With deepest apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning.)

Their new song, Evolution:

1 comment:

Mado said...

I guess The Family Values Tour ... could be a good Idea!:)